- 2003 Tennessee Camping Trip
- 2003 Tropicana 400
- 2005 Brickyard 400
- 2007 Kansas City Air Show
- 2008 Father’s Day Storm
- 2010 Peoria Air Show
- 2012 Vacation
- 2013 – Family Photos
- 2013 Flood
- 6-13-2009 Farm Park
- Bumper Stickers
- Car Rebuild
- Christmas 2012
- Cover Photos
- Fall 2008
- Father’s Day Storm 2008
- Funny Signs
- Gabriel David Mount
- Halloween 2009
- Homecoming 2013
- iOS Photos
- Jeep vs. Tree
- Jeff Burton & Richard Childress
- Military Humor
- Mobile Uploads
- Morton Lumber Products Fire
- New Years Eve 2012
- Photos of Me
- Picking Apples 2006
- Pool Picks
- Profile Pictures
- Random pictures from my life.
- SNYG Pool Party 07-29-2012
- SYNG Pool Party
- The Bumblebee Car
- Timeline Photos
- Tora – Dayton 2011
- Tora – Denver 2011
- Tora – Jackson Mississippi 2009
- Tora – Little Rock 2010
- Tora – Quad Cities 2010
- USAF Museum
- Webster/Barr Wedding
- Weight Loss
- Test Page
Archive for May, 2004
Now, the reason is…..The LA County official Seal. Why you ask? Because it has a cross in it. Yes, that’s right, a cross.
In the article I read, it was stating that local officials argue that the cross simply reflects the history of California and LA County. The ACLU says that shouldn’t matter because some of the public find it offensive.
However, I must say, Mike Antonovich, one of the supervisors for LA County was quoted as saying: “Here you have this radical left-wing organization whose own symbol should be the hammer and sickle,” “They are using pressure tactics trying to rewrite history.”
LA’s county seal was designed in 1957 and appears on most official county property: walls, documents, water bottles, uniforms, cars and trucks.
On Friday, the ACLU gave the county two weeks to eliminate the seal.
Two weeks…….how about NO!!!!
At least someone is standing up and saying something about this.
So, last night, I headed over to the York Town mall in Lombard Illinois. I’m up in the Chi-town area for a training class, I got bored, thought I’d hit the stores for some new cloths. I noticed a few things. These things are not good things. In fact, they are horrible.
Apparently, parents of the world have decided not to involve themselves in their children anymore.
Apparently, the cool thing to do if you are a girl between 12 and 18 or so is to dress like your favorite MTV whore. Interesting.
So, Here’s what I’ve noticed and I wanna comment on….
1. What’s the deal with words on cloths. Now, I understand shirts and things with things on them, that’s all fine and dandy. However, what’s the deal with these shirts that have words right across the chest of the shirt? I don’t know how many girls I saw in the 12 to 18 range with words on their shirt like, “tease”, “Slut”, “Juicy”. Juicy? what the crap is up with that? That’s just…..arg!! Then comes the shorts with words right across the butt. Again, the same kind of words show up.
2. Store dummy’s and such. So, as I’m walking thru the mall, I walk past a store, in the store windows, these plastic upper torso’s of women. Now, that all makes sense, gotta model the cloths you know….but…..when and why did they decide to put nipples on them? I’m not gonna focus on this for long, but I mean come one, what’s the freakin deal with that? Who in their warped little world decided that they could sell cloths better of the plastic modeling torso’s had nipples.
3. Shorts and bathingsuites. Ok, so apparently, do go along with the “slut” shirt, girls in the 12 to 18 range have decided that they have to wear ultra short shorts. Now, back in the 80’s, we had the “Daisy Duke” shorts. Nowadays, we have the micro-Daisy Duke” shorts…..with the word slut on the butt of them.
4. The big one…..Girls showing off their underware. Oh yeah….now that’s a fashion statement. The latest craze, showing off your thong. I don’t want to see it. it’s bad enough to see a 14 year old walking down the sidewalk in a mid-rift tank top with no bra, let alone to see her thong sticking up out of her hip hugger jeans. the jeans get lower, the thongs get higher.
5. While we’re on the subject of tops. now we have these very young girls walking around in tank tops and such with no bra’s on. Instead, we have these young girls wearing these new shirts with bra’s built in. But not really bra’s, they are padded and sort of like a maricle bra, So, you have these 12 and 13 and 14 year olds walking around in tank tops, and these tank tops are enhancing and increasing their bust size.
But why? why all of these things? Why does a 14 and 15 year old walk around with a bust that isn’t real. in shorts that cover less than a pair of my socks, and a thong that anyone within 10 yards can see? Is it fashion? no, I don’t by that. Fashion doesn’t dictate what our children ware. Media and pop culture? sure!! Every teenage girl wants to be Brittney. Everyone wants to be like their favorite MTV whore. So again, it’s all circular. MTV show’s Brittney or Christina in some outfit that looks like a kleenex with glitter, the media pushes it, the clothing companys make it, the stores sell it, the kids want it..
And where are the parents? If you are the parent of a 12-18 year old and you let your daughter wear any of these cloths? Shame on you!! Girls all say the want to be respected. They hate guys that treat them like a piece of meat. Well, maybe if you didn’t dress like a street walker, perhaps you’ll get a little more respect.
Me and my friends, give me a girl in a normal pair of jeans, and a normal t-shirt. Not a mid-rift shirt, not a tank top shelf shirt, a normal, everyday, t-shirt. That’s all I want.
Call me old fashion, call me whatever you want. But I’m disgusted by all this.